There are a lot of ways to earn some extra money online for someone who is money savvy or on a tight budget. One of the most popular ways to make some extra cash fast is by taking online surveys. Usually, you just have to log in to the website, answer the survey questions, then get paid when you reach the payout threshold.
Does this sound like a scam to you? Well, there are indeed a lot of places where you can lose more than gain. While many survey websites are not a scam, they can be disappointing because they don’t pay a lot of money and you have to wait for a while for an eligible survey to show up. That’s why it is essential to know which survey sites are worth it so you don’t waste your time.
I was looking for a way to gain some extra money, so I tested Survey Junkie, and I can tell you it is legit! If you are interested in getting additional money in your downtime, keep reading. I’ll even share Survey Junkie hacks about how to get the most out of your remote online work.
This post may contain affiliate links. That means if you purchase an item through these links, I may earn a commission at no additional cost to you. Please read the full disclosure policy for more info.
What is Survey Junkie and How Does It Work?
Survey Junkie is a website where you can fill a survey and get money for it! It was created in 2013 and has a vast community, surpassing 3 million users from all over the world.
Survey Junkie is a legit way to get additional funds without leaving the comfort of your home. Through this website, you can communicate with brands that you love and would like to share your suggestions about improving some services or products. Join now to start earning money immediately.
This website is liked not only by customers, but also by companies. They are getting feedback directly from their clients. Because of this, they can grow their brands according to market needs.
Survey Junkie is a market research company, which means that firms pay them for getting feedback from customers. This is why it is possible to get money for taking surveys.
While signing in, Survey Junkie asks you for some necessary details, such as where you live, how much shopping you usually do, and your average household income. The surveys also often ask if you are single or have kids or pets.
This is all for companies to get the most precise image of their clients and improving their brands according to customer preferences. Sometimes, after an initial screening, you can be rejected and not allowed to take a survey if you do not suit the requirements. However, you still get two tries for this point.
Why not help your favorite cosmetic brand improve your ideal lipstick, while you can earn some pocket money out of it?
While logging in to Survey Junkie, you have to remember that at the moment, it is only available for the United States, Canada, Australia, and the United Kingdom. If you are a resident of a different country, it is a huge disadvantage for you since you’re ineligible to join. Remember, though, this is to get the most accurate customers’ opinions, as most of the brands on Survey Junkie are from those countries.
Hack to Earn the Most Money with Survey Junkie
You probably want to get the most money possible, right? As I mentioned, the survey payment can vary from $0.10 and go up to around $1.00. Thanks to the list of surveys that are displayed on the website, you can manage your work time the most efficiently.
Join for FREE to see what surveys you can take and earn cash now!
From the list, you can learn how many points you can receive, and how much time it takes to fill in a survey. For example, you can have two surveys where you can earn $2.00, but one takes more time to fill in. In this case, you should pick the one that can give you the most for the least amount of time.
Let me share with you another Survey Junkie hack to get as much money as possible:
I calculate the points divided by the time that I have to spend on answering the question. If the survey results give me five points or more, then I take the survey.
When the survey scores are less than five, I usually skip that one, especially when other surveys are waiting for me. In doing so, I maximize my time so that I make more money doing online surveys.
How Do You Get Paid?
You need to sign up for Survey Junkie first. Then you can see the list of surveys you can participate in. Before starting, you need to answer general questions to check if you qualify for a survey. Sometimes you can get rejected, but most of the time, you are good to go.
By completing the surveys, you get points that you can later turn into money when requesting a payout. After requesting a payout, it will take a few days for your points to be turned into money and then deposited into your PayPal account or emailed a gift card.
Survey Junkie Payouts Explained
Survey Junkie offers two ways that you can use to get paid. You can request to get your money through PayPal or e-Gift cards.
The ability to send your money to PayPal is a good solution so you can avoid extra fees on your bank’s side. At the moment, e-Gift cards can be ordered only by United States residents. If you choose this option, you can use your card directly on sites such as Amazon, iTunes, or Nike.
The best perk is that you can request payment when you only have 1000 points on your account. That means that you can get paid starting from $10. This option is excellent when you urgently need cash. Your money is not frozen until you reach a high payment threshold, but is fully available for you, any time you want.
Survey Junkie also has a history page. There, you can see exactly how much money you have received and for which surveys. It also shows whether you already withdrew the money or if it is still available in your survey account.
How Much Money Can You Earn With Survey Junkie?
Taking online surveys is not a way to replace your everyday work. You can’t look at it as the main source of your household funding. You should rather consider it as an extra income source that you can use to improve your budget or create extra savings for a vacation and small pleasures.
The maximum that people earn on Survey Junkie is still below minimum wage.
Most of the surveys give you between 10 and 100 points. That means that for five to 25 minutes, you can get between 10 cents and a dollar. In total, that can give you three to seven dollars per hour.
That might seem like nothing, but to be honest, using Survey Junkie is very easy, and you do not need to invest much time to get some extra cash. You can easily earn $15 while watching TV or listening to music. It’s a bit like scrolling social media in your “free” time, but you get paid for it!
And you don’t have to worry. Your points remain active as long as you can find time for at least one survey within 12 months.
Another excellent perk with Survey Junkie is the fact that it has loads of surveys. You do not have to wait to get an email saying that there is one survey to fill once a week or even every few months.
On Survey Junkie, you can answer market questions every day. This means you can do as many surveys as you want to.
In general, longer surveys are paid better than shorter. If you are consistent with replying to the market questions, over time, you can start getting invitations to take longer and better-paid surveys. They are usually sent to the user’s email, so you do not have to search for the best deals on the Survey Junkie page; you get them straight into your mailbox.
Pros of Survey Junkie
I must admit that this is one of the few online survey websites that has more pros than cons.
- Survey Junkie is super easy to use. You do not have to be very tech-savvy to navigate through the page easily. The web designers of this company did a great job as the page layout is conducive and user friendly.
- You do not have to pay anything to start or continue taking surveys. All the money that you earn is going directly to you. There is no hidden payment that you have to reimburse to Survey Junkie.
- Compared to other sites of this type, Survey Junkie pays relatively well.
- You do not have to worry about uncomfortable contracts. There is zero commitment. You take surveys wherever you want and as much as you want. If you have a lot of time, you can reply to many of them, but when you are busy, you are not obliged to participate in the research.
- You can earn money from the comfort of your own home. You just need to have access to the internet and a computer.
- You can withdraw money straight into your PayPal account. For me, it is the most significant advantage, as there is no need to pay an extra fee to the bank, and I can use my money to purchase products using my PayPal account.
- Because so many brands trust Survey Junkie, there is a large selection of surveys that you can take. This gives the work a bit more variety, as you can take polls about a variety of different topics.
- If you need money urgently or do not want to work with Survey Junkie anymore, they offer a very low withdrawal threshold.
- It is 100% trustworthy. You do not have to worry that it is a scam. It is totally legit, so if you are planning to invest your time in this way to get some extra money online, look no further!
- Survey Junkie cooperates with major companies. This means there is always some survey to take and that the money you can get is relatively higher than on the rest of the pages of this kind.
- You can join when you are older than 13 years old. That makes Survey Junkie a good place for teenagers and young adults to get some extra pocket money.
Check out Survey Junkie for yourself to start monetizing your free time.
Cons of Survey Junkie
As in every case, there are some cons that I have to mention while talking about this website.
- Obviously, while earning money online, you would like to qualify for as much work as possible. Unfortunately, Survey Junkie is very restricted regarding getting the most accurate client response. Because of that, you might not qualify for all surveys.
- There is no mobile app, so you must use your computer or tablet browser to participate in surveys. For me, it is a big minus since using a phone while watching Netflix is a bit more comfortable than looking at a big screen and having a computer by my side.
- Replying to questions regarding products may become, after a while, a bit boring.
- You must be a resident of the USA, Canada, Australia, or the United Kingdom.
Online surveys are one of the easiest ways to earn money online. While replying to questionnaires online, you can receive some extra cash, but do not expect it to turn you into a millionaire.
Survey Junkie is pretty clear about that and even say about it on the main page. Signing up for their website is a great idea to monetize your free time, receiving money while watching TV, during a school break, or waiting for the pasta to cook.
You may need to “hack” the system to earn the most money, but Survey Junkie is a pretty easy task and the pay is fair for the effort required. Their method of listing surveys helps to understand better where you can get the most dollars from compared to other survey sites.
If you need money instantly, Survey Junkie is an excellent option due to their low payout threshold. You can withdraw 10 dollars to your PayPal account or as a gift card without hassle.
And do not worry, it is not a scam! Survey Junkie is totally legit with thousands of dollars paid out to date. Join their survey site now!
Have you tried Survey Junkie or another survey site? Let me know what you thought in the comments below.
Want somewhere to track your money across all accounts? Grab this free financial dashboard to track your savings, retirement, net worth, and more!